Saturday, January 29, 2011

Some Lessons That I Have Learned on My Journey

Since my daughter Jeannine died, at the age of 18 almost eight years ago, I have learned many valuable lessons  :
1. The more that we allow the universe to be our guide,the more that our redefined purpose becomes clearer.
2. We do experience joy again in a world that has forever changed because of the physical absence of our loved ones.
3. Look all around you, not just straight ahead. You may find a bright light of hope through a dark cloud.
4.When you open yourself up to a continuing bond with your deceased loved ones, that bond may transcend to others in your life.
5. Shared pain with others who understand that pain is a gateway to hope.
6. Surrender to the journey, surrender my life to God.
7. That the best parts of my daughter are now a part of me. Pieces of Jeannine are now pieces of me.

Take care

Dave

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful and words to live by...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing Dave. I enjoy you writing.

    ReplyDelete