Thursday, March 1, 2012

Permission To Grow

Today is the ninth angelversary of Jeannine's crossing over to what I believe is a new life and existence. Our paths are forever entwined because I know that the essence of who she was in this life and is and will continue to be in her new life will forever be a part of me. I still at times miss Jeannine's physical presence and there were days leading up to this angelversary that I did , but that feeling of longing was eventually replaced by an inner peace because of the depth of the relationship that we enjoy now.

On March 10,2011,I wrote an article for Open to Hope in which(among other things) I shared a ritual that I developed(with Jeannine's help) for her eighth angelversary,involving music that we both enjoyed and which brought back fond memories of our relationship on earth. I spent an hour with music and Jeannine and eventually felt her presence. As I reflect, the ritual last year was about feeling her presence and staying connected.

As my journey after Jeannine's death has evolved so have my rituals. This morning my activities involved incense, prayer and music. My ritual was now a ceremony. I started my ceremony at about 5:30 AM. If you add the numbers 5,3 and 0, you come up with 8, which among other things is the symbol for infinity. I will describe my ceremony in general terms. I burned Native American incense that is designed for,  from my perception, cleansing and purification of the mind, body and soul. The music that I chose for this morning was a combination of instrumental and lyrical pieces that had the same intent as the incense that I chose(or chose me, depending on your perspective). I alternated music with prayer. There were two prayers that I used. One is a Native American prayer that I found that reinforced that our  deceased loved ones are still with us in all forms in the universe. If we are aware, willing and receptive, their presence will be felt.The second was a prayer that I wrote specifically for Jeannine, using Native American influences.  In it, I prayed that Jeannine would continue to develop the wisdom and spiritual growth in her new life to help enlighten others on their life journeys. I had finally in prayer, given her permission to grow in her new life. I also told God that I am fully entrusting Jeannine's soul to His care and guidance.   I also thanked God for his unending faith in me, even when I questioned my faith in Him. 

I tried to give Jeannine permission to grow in her life on earth, and to learn from her life experiences. It felt empowering today as her father to give her that same permission to grow in her new life and to share her wisdom with others who are doing the walk of life.

 There were three words that kept surfacing in my thoughts during the 50 minute ceremony that was developed in honor of Jeannine on her angelversary..........  Birth, Rebirth and Universe. At the time of our crossing over, we shed our bodies ........ but our souls live on, love prevails.

Finally, I want to combine two separate lyrics from two Eddie Vedder ( of Pearl Jam fame and an accomplished solo artist) songs from the sound track of the movie "Into the Wild", which I hope you can all use in your life journey. It goes like this:  Set forth in the universe.... this love has no ceiling.

8 comments:

  1. Sending love and prayers to Cheri, you, Matt and Dan on this special day. Jeanine's love has touched many through you and your family...thank you for sharing her with all of us. xooxxo Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome. You and Kevin have been and still are an inspiration on my journey.

    Sending you hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful Dave. So glad you shared it with us, and that you had a peaceful morning. You are an amazing soul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Kirstin for being one of the bright lights in my journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many blessings,Dave, as you honor and remember your dear Jeannine's life. I like that you made a sacred ceremony out of her remembrance day. I too, believe that as spirit we are constantly evolving, in the body and out of the body. I don't think that we would ever have thought there could be gifts in grief, but I am learning there are. In some ways we are closer to our children now than when they were here on earth. My greatest comfort is in knowing that death doesn't end our relationship. Love is eternal. We are bonded forever with our precious children. Peace and love, Claire Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Claire for your validating comments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Dave
    This is such a beautiful way to honour Jeannine on her angelversary. Much love to you.
    In beauty
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ruby. Your comments and support are much appreciated.

      Delete