Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Thoughts

First I want to wish everyone a blessed and peaceful Thanksgiving holiday. For the newly bereaved , please understand that the emotions of grief can be more intensified during the holiday season and that this is a normal part of our journeys.  As you progress in your journeys it is my hope that you acquire the support and tools necessary to help you adjust to the physical absence of your loved ones. In the seven plus years since Jeannine's death I have learned to adjust better to the ups and downs of the holidays by reaching out to others and focusing on the present moment. I have also come to believe that Jeannine is not only my beautiful daughter, but my beautiful spiritual partner in my journey as well. That has also helped me adjust better to her physical absence. It is my hope for the newly bereaved, that you will learn to adjust to your new reality and find joy and meaning amidst sadness.

No comments:

Post a Comment